Thursday, October 21, 2010

sick day

I remember those days as a kid in elementary school when I would get some little trifling cold and not have to go to school. Who doesn't like staying home and playing video games all day?
But not so much anymore. Think I'm slowly admitting my own adulthood to myself. I hate missing all the work, all the things that need done, and then there's the general "life won't stop for you and your stupid cold" that drenches you like cold water.

1 comment:

  1. Poor thing you being sick and all. I took one sick day at the beginning of my assistantship and haven't taken one since because my boss said to me, "I never take a sick day, and I never let my clients know I am sick". So, I usually pack the pills and drudge to work sniffles and all. Usually the clients don't really care, they come to us sick all the time!

    All that to say, I agree with you about life not stopping for "you and your stupid cold". Its just a pain. Hope you get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete